SchizoMania

Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Bionicle 2009? Feels like 2001

...And it's a good thing.

Too bad Leigh Gallagher ain't gonna do the comics anymore. Not that I read them, I get scans of them from my friends over in the US. His drawings are awesome, much better than the artist for 2006 and 2007, but those were cool in their own way as well.

And 2009. Name roots? Latin. The one language people pretend to understand and do badly at it.

"Your statement is
ab absurdo"
"Thank you for agreeing with me."

...When what 'ab absurdo' means, is 'From the absurd."

Anyway, I plan on getting the Bionicle sets next year, they look too awesome to pass up. But I won't know until I get detailed pics, or they are shown at the next Brickfest.

Anyway...

Just got two new battleship models today that are going to occupy the next two weeks. USS Iowa, and IJN Yamato. Two rival ships, though the Yamato was a bit stronger. Too bad we didn't have Iowa VS Yamato. NO! It was more like:

"Yamato, Yahagi, and eight other destroyers that were too insignificant to name."
VS
"USS Hornet, Bennington, Belleau Wood, San Jacinto, Essex, Bunker Hill, Hancock, Bataan, Intrepid, Yorktown, and Langley."

Sounds fair.

Ya, right. All the US ships were aircraft carriers that took out the Japanese battle group so damn quickly. It was like "WE FOUND THE YAMA-Wait. It sunk."

And the battleships? DID NOTHING.

Yes, I'm a nerd and a geek. And proud of it. And sorry for those who think their 'cool', but I can't give a crap about you all. You 'cool' people should know that there's always someone better, so get off my back!

Completed the USS The Sullivans, DD-537, Fletcher class yesterday. Was the only Destroyer model I found, and it was 1:350 scale, so it looked huge compared to me USS North Carolina, BB-55, North Carolina class, which was 1:700 scale. Ah well.

And, yes, contrary to popular belief, I can memorise things. Not really 'important' stuff, but still, I can actually remember stuff.

List of stuff I can remember

The birthdays of some people, if I try hard enough
Maths formulae
Scientific formulae
How to talk, walk, breathe, etc, etc
My own name
My Chinese name
Aircraft names and classes
Ship classes, and a few nicknames
My own Birthday

Things I can't remember, even if I tried.

Chinese characters


And that's it. Oh, and to 'prove' to that ONE SPECIFIC person that I seriously know ship names and classes, here's a list. HAPPY? HUH? HUH?

USS North Carolina, BB-55, North Carolina Class, 'Showboat'
USS Iowa, BB-61, Iowa class, 'The Big Stick'
USS New Jersey, BB-62, Iowa Class, 'Big J', or 'Black Dragon'.
USS Missouri, BB-63, Iowa Class, 'Big Mo', or 'Mighty Mo'
USS Wisconsin, BB-64, Iowa Class, 'Wisky', or 'WisKy'
USS Washington, BB-56, North Carolina Class, No known nickname
USS South Dakota, BB-57, South Dakota class, No known Nickname
USS Massachusetts, BB-59, South Dakota Class, No known nickname
USS Laffey, DD-724, Allen M. Sumner Class, 'The ship that would not die'
USS Enterprise, CV-6, Yorktown Class, 'Big E', 'Lucky E', or 'Grey Ghost'
USS Yorktown, CV-5, Yorktown Class, No known Nickname
USS Enterprise, CV-65, Enterprise Class, 'Big E'
HMS Repulse, Renown Class, (Motto)'Whoever Touches me is broken'
HMS Prince of Wales, King George V Class, No known motto/Nickname
HMS Illustrious, Illustrious Class, (Motto)'No uncertain sound', (Nickname)'Lusty'
HMS Illustrious, R06, Invincible Class, (Motto)'No uncertain voice', (Nickname)'Lusty'
German Battleship 'Bismarck'
German Battleship 'Tirpitz'
IJN Yamato, Yamato Class(BB)
IJN Musashi, Yamato Class(BB)
IJN Mogami, Mogami Class (CA)
IJN Akatsuki, Akatsuki Class(DD)
IJN Asashio, Asashio Class(DD)
IJN Arashio, Arashio Class (DD)
IJN Kaga
IJN Akagi
IJN Hiryu
IJN Soryu
IJN Shokaku
IJN Zuikaku
USS San Francisco, CA-38, New Orleans Class
USS Cleveland, CL-55, Cleveland Class, 'Charlie Love Five Five'

Yes, I'm a super geek/nerd when it comes to WWII Naval warfare.

AND PROUD OF IT

[~K~]

P.S. They are all real, go check it on Wiki if you are so skeptical.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home